This month our nation takes the time to honor a man who desired that every citizen of the United States be honored equally. One of our favorite quotes of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. is.
“If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” –Martin Luther King Jr.
At Garrisonville Dental, we embrace MLK’s desire for everyone in society to make forward and positive movements. We also know that if you have a developmentally disabled member of your family, this forward movement can come with many challenges when it comes to dental care. Our staff as Garrisonville Dental offers solutions for removing barriers for your developmentally disabled member of your family to get the care they need.
Some common obstacles for dentally treating developmentally disabled patients.
- Perhaps the patient cannot understand the treatment they are about to get, and fear the unknown.
- At times, a patient cannot connect the cause and positive effects of the treatment that they need.
- Sometimes a patient is physically unable to remain still for the dental treatment.
- The fear of human closeness and interaction can be a struggle for patients who suffer from social anxiety related disabilities.
- Some patients cannot bear the sounds or smells generated at a dental office.
Our team at Garrisonville Dental knows there are a variety of possible reasons your developmentally disabled family members cannot get the dental care they need. For this reason, we offer dentistry for our patients with special needs.
- Hospital Dentistry
- Sleep Apnea Treatments
- Dentistry for Developmentally Disabled
- In-Office Sedation
Contact our Garrisonville Dental office today.
Posted on behalf of Garrisonville Dental